The goal of the Conference is to discuss the prospects of aero- and space-born data utilization for agriculture, natural resources management, sustainable development and security in the context of GEOSS, GMES/Copernicus, INSPIRE activities and implementation of the Ukrainian segment of GEOSS (GEO-UA system).
Particular focus of the GEO-UA 2014 Conference will be on Earth observation applications in agriculture: international initiatives and projects (GEO-GLAM, JECAM, SIGMA), crop mapping and identification, crop yield forecasting, crop area estimation, biophysical parameters retrieval, calibration and validation.
International researchers and experts interested in Earth observation data applications will have the opportunity to present and discuss results and ideas with focus on the following areas:
- Sustainable agriculture.
- Disaster/hazard risk assessment and mapping (floods, droughts, natural fires, earthquakes/landslides, environmental pollution).
- Understanding and adapting to climate variability and change.
- Management and protection of ecosystems.
- Sea and ocean problems.
Developers of GIS-systems and satellite monitoring systems are invited to take part at the exhibition.
- International programs and initiatives on Earth observations (GEOSS, GMES/Copernicus, INSPIRE) and involvement of Ukrainian organisations.
- Implementation of the “GEO-Ukraine” system.
- Earth remote sensing from space techniques.
- Earth observations for agriculture and environment.
- Technologies, systems, instruments for Earth remote sensing from space.
- Information technologies in Earth observations, including GIS and geospatial data infrastructure.